Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pumped Up Kicks

I've had Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" in my head all weekend long while I was on vacation. So, today after practicing the Beatles' "Love Me Do" a few times, I went on You Tube to see if I could find an easy tutorial on how to play "Pumped Up Kicks". I stumbled upon this version from You Tube guitar guru, Marty. The riff was simple enough to learn but then he went into the chords and I got lost. I'm still only on the D, A, and E chords and his version of the song includes the Eminor, G, D, and A chords. Eminor was easy enough to learn, but the G chord should be called the OMG chord.. haha, get it? Yeeeeeah cheesy guitar joke, I know ;P Anyhoo, I've bookmarked the tutorial on my web browser so that I can give it another whirl once I get there.

On another note, look at my fingers in all their skin-peeling, abused glory!


The picture quality may not be great, but believe me they look like they're on a one-way trip to callus-town.

1 comment: