Monday, June 18, 2012

New Book, New Song

My beginner's song book from Justinguitar.com finally arrived after weeks and weeks of waiting thanks to snail mail, a.k.a. media mail. Woohoo, no more playing the same song over and over! I ordered the song book at least a month ago and while waiting for it to arrive, I realized that I needed something to prop it up while I'm playing. So, I ordered a stand for it maybe a week ago and it actually arrived before my book did. Haha.

My book stand in action!

Looks good, doesn't it? The first song in the book is Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds". It's a very simple song to play.. nice and slow-paced. I've seen little kids on youtube playing it! Although it is an easy song to play, I'm finding it very difficult to sing along with it while playing, which makes me appreciate rock musicians even more. Cheers to you, Jon Bon Jovi!

Anyway, I've been playing along with Justin's youtube tutorial and finding that to be very helpful in improving my rhythm. Hopefully I'll be able to master all the songs in stage 1 by the end of July the latest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment